Monday, July 30, 2007

Kidz Bop

OK, I've got to get this off my chest. I HATE Kidz Bop! If you have kids between the ages of 3 and 11 you probably know. For the rest of you, Kidz Bop is a group of smarmy pre-teens who sing really inappropriate pop songs for the kindergarden set. Wh have Sirius satellite radio and Clay's favorite channel is Kids' Stuff, which plays everythig from the (slightly hokey, but lovable) Wiggles, to Sesame Street tunes, to really cool artist like Laurie Berkner and Dan Zanes ("Both of which daddy even likes" [Clay's comment]). But unfortunately this is where we hear Kidz Bop. One of the first times I hear Kidz Bop, they were singing the James Blunt song, "You're Beautiful", which is already one of my least favorite songs on the planet. But having these little kids singing a song about an apparently disturbed individual who obsesses over a woman he saw exactly once on a subway, who smiled at him is too much for me. Then there's the KT Tunstall song "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" which they also do. There's something not right about that song in the first place, but it's even worse when they do it. Now I'm not for censorship ("Yea, daddy listens to Howard Stern when I'm sleeping" {Clay's comment]), but I change the channel as soon as anything by Kidz Bop comes on. Kidz Bop must be stopped!!! Thank goodness that Clay has developed better taste in music; Mozart, The Who, The Clash, Led Zepplin, The Ramones; you know, "the classics".

No comments: