Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Four Score and Seven Sausages Ago....


I'll get back to my Top Ten list soon. Today as usual, I asked Clay what he did at preschool. As usual, his answer was , "I dunno". After some prodding, I get more details. The teachers were mad at the kids because they kept yelling "POPCORN! POPCORN! POPCORN!" as they were trying to dole out a snack to them. I had visions of a tiny riot being quelled by the teachers before the chant changed to "ATTICA! ATTICA!" As far as I know, no tear gas was used to put down the great Popcorn Rebellion of '08.

I asked what else did they do. "We read a book about Presidents", said Clay.
"Do you remember their names?" I asked.
"George Washington and somebody else."
"Abraham Lincoln?" I asked.
"Yea, him. You know he's like a sausage", Clay says matter-of-factly.
"What?!"
"You know, he's like a sausage I get for breakfast; Abraham Link."
"Clay, his name is LINCOLN, not LINK."
"Oh, but he's still like a sausage, right?"
Well, at least he didn't say Lincoln was the guy selling mattresses and cars this week.

No comments: