Monday, March 10, 2008

Gilbert & Sullivan? I don't know; Third base.


This blog entry is for my friend, Ed. Ed you are the one person who I know will truly appreciate this mix of hardball and Broadway. There is a blog here in Pittsburgh called "The Burgh Blog: Pittsburgh, Only Cooler" by the anonymous "pittgirl". She is hilarious, has a great take on all things Pittsburgh and hates pigeons. Recently she posted the attached photo as part of her blog with the following comments about the forthcoming pitiful Pittsburgh Pirates season. The caption to the picture reads "Pirates hopeful Josh Wilson -- a Mt. Lebanon graduate -- goes through a sliding drill early in camp."

7. The Buccos of Suckitude continue their futile efforts in Florida. Here’s a look at some of the talent.
Skinny little legs. Poor form. JAZZ HANDS!? We’re screwed.


Here's the comment I posted to her which she thought was pretty funny:

Mt. Lebanon High School presents Josh Wilson in “The Pirates of Bradenton”. Hear Josh sing,
“I am the very model of a modern Major-Leaguer,
I’ve information the Pirates season’s looking even bleaker,
I know the mayor of Piksburgh, and I quote the fights historical
From Tampa Bay to Chicago, in order base-a-ball-ical;
I’m very well acquainted, too, with minor league affiliates,
I understand equations, I’ll probably be lucky to be with the Lynchburg Hill-i-cats,
About pinch-hitting theorem I’m teeming with a lot o’ news –
With many cheerful facts but the Buccos are still a-gonna loose
.”


Let's Go Bucs!

No comments: